Happy Friday! I’m so ready for the weekend. We’re hoping to go to the Yellow Daisy Art Festival this weekend, if it doesn’t rain. It’s about a two-hour drive so I’m hoping to get a little reading done.
Reading Check In
I picked up Babel about a week ago, but I had to put it down to read an arc for a blog tour that’s coming up. So, I’m picking it back up today. I’m around two hundred pages in and I’ve been enjoying it so far. I will say it’s taking a bit longer to read than I thought. It has a lot of technical information on language, that I find fascinating, but it’s not something you can rush through. But I’m definitely enjoying it. And it’s making me want to reconsider my thoughts on The Poppy War Series. I don’t know if I will reread the first book in the series, but I would like to give book two a try. Now let’s move on to a cozy drink that’s perfect for all your fall reading plans.
Pumpkin Chai Latte
I am a self-proclaimed pumpkin spice addict. It is probably one of my favorite coffee drinks. But I’ve been trying to cut out coffee due to health reasons, so this pumpkin chai latte is the perfect thing. And dare I say it’s even better than a traditional pumpkin spice latte? All of the chai spices just compliment the addition of the pumpkin spice. It’s warm and cozy, and perfect for fall.
Pumpkin Chai Latte
- 2 Tazo Chai Tea bags (Not my favorite, but it’s what I had on hand.)
- 2 Cups Frothed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Torani Pumpkin Pie Sauce (I prefer the sauce, not the syrup. But either works)
- 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup (I like mine really sweet)
- Steep tea bags in boiling water for six minutes. I like a strong tea, but you can adjust according to your taste.
- Add pumpkin pie sauce and maple syrup to the steeped tea. Stir well.
- Froth milk and add to tea mixture.
Need a fall fantasy read to go with your latte? Check out my last post here.