I love a good Christmas craft. And I’ve been seeing a book ornament on Instagram that I think is really cute. They’re making miniatures of their favorite books and putting them in a clear ornament. It’s adorable but it looks time consuming. Life has been hectic this month and I just didn’t have the time to try that. But I still wanted to do a bookish inspired Christmas craft, and this immediately came to mind. I adore book maps, especially the map of Roshar. So, I decided to do a message in the bottle inspired ornament. It was super easy, and I loved the way it turned out. Here’s what I did.
- A Clear Ornament
- Your Favorite Book Map (Please make a copy. Don’t cut it out of your books lol.)
- A Piece of Greenery (I just cut it off of an old garland that I had laying around.)
- Cut a strip out of the map. You’ll have to adjust this for whatever size ornament you bought. If it’s bigger cut a bigger strip out.
- Roll the strip into a cylinder. Think message in a bottle style.
- Use tape to secure the roll.
- Use ribbon to tie greenery to your rolled up map.
- Drop it into your ornament. Work with it until it’s in a position that you like.
That’s all you need to create a fun, personalized Christmas ornament. I think I’ll probably make more for my bookish tree in my book room. It would be fun to have one for every fantasy world that I love. I hope you enjoyed this easy bookish Christmas craft. Are crafts a tradition in your family? Let me know in the comments.