Summer is coming to an end so it’s time to wrap up my Bookish Summer Bucket List. If you read my first post, you’ll know that Darling Desi on Youtube inspired me to write this list in order romanticize the seasons. I had a lot of fun making this list and checking the activities off. I didn’t complete all of them, but I did complete a majority so let’s do a recap.
- Read on the porch on a rainy afternoon. I didn’t complete this one because it didn’t rain much this summer and on the days it did, I was usually at work.
- Go on a picnic with and bring a good book. I had a picnic in my yard one nice afternoon. I cheated and bought food from McDonalds, but I still had a lot of fun.
- Read a spooky book by a campfire. I didn’t get to read a spooky book by the campfire, but I did read House of Sky and Breath by the fire.
- Enjoy a book by lantern light. I also read House of Sky and Breath by lantern on our last camping trip.
- Pick up a summer thriller. I read The Only on Left this summer. It’s not summer without a Riley Sager novel.
- Read outside your comfort zone. I’ve been reading more romance-based stories lately. I haven’t necessarily picked up romance in general, but I think I’m about there.
- Read Crying in H Mart at H Mart. I absolutely did not get to do this. I enjoyed our trip to Duluth and H Mart, but we were busy the entire trip.
- Drink a refreshing drink at Barnes and Noble Cafe. I shared my drink of choice and the books I bought in this haul.
- Road trip to an indie bookstore. On our way to Duluth, Ga we took a side trip to John’s Creek Books and Gifts. I love visiting indie bookstores.
- Make a summer craft. I didn’t make a summer craft. I completely ran out of time, but I have a fun fall craft coming up.
That brings my summer bookish bucket list to a close. It’s been a fun summer, but I can’t wait for all the fun fall activities to come.
Fall Bucket List
Summer is ending but fall is beginning, so here’s my Fall Bookish List. I’d like to invite you to join this journey with me. If you do be sure to tag me here or on Instagram (@wildwoodreads) so I can see all of the fun.